Then I will remember The things we said today!..Day 18
Every day we remember things from the past and it is a pity that we cannot always refresh our minds later. I find the only way it works for me, is to carry a small notepad and just scribble a little reminder note. For those who know me, I am passionate about singing especially when you put me in front of a karaoke machine! AND guess what ! – I make a note of songs that come to mind or hear on the radio. Later I look up the youtube recording and file them away for a rainy day! That way I have a ready source of my favourite songs which I can easily download at any time. I am sure that there is a better way technically to store my favourite songs but this arrangement suits me well right now!
Recently I wrote a blog:- http://john-barton.com/a-time-for-reflection-50th-anniversaries-in-2013-day-17/ in which I remembered a number of things which related to personal memories such as:-
50th anniversary – J F Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963
“Three Shots Were Fired” examines the events that began with Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963. A United Press International bulletin broke the news that the president had been shot, and minutes later, CBS anchor Walter Cronkite began four days of unprecedented television coverage, including the unforgettable moment he reported to the nation that Kennedy was dead.
Around 2003, I represented the European Foodservice Equipment Distributors Association (EFEDA) at the all American Foodservice Equipment Exhibition and Conference (NAFEM) in Dallas in the September. During my stay I visited the building (now a museum) from which Lee Harvey Oswald shot the President as his entourage was entering the Dealy Plaza, Downtown, Dallas. There has been a group of people who kept a vigil, for many years, close to the raised grass bank near where the President died. They are convinced that Lyndon B Johnston was involved in the conspiracy to kill the President. Johnston had no respect for Kennedy and had muttered something under his breath sometime earlier that Kennedy had to go as some of his policies were not acceptable to a powerful lobby in Washington. Mind you there were many conspiracies here and perhaps the world will never know the real truth! It is said that most people of a certain age remembered what they were doing at that time! I remember and about to get married. Our group also visited the South Fork Ranch which was filmed for the tv series “Dallas.”
Hull to be UK City of Culture 2017
- This week Hull has been named the UK’s next City of Culture, beating Leicester, Dundee and Swansea Bay to the right to hold the title in 2017.
- Hull, known for being the home of poet Philip Larkin, the Ferens gallery and the Hull Truck theatre, will follow the 2013 City of Culture, Londonderry.
- The UK government chooses a new destination every four years, with the aim of helping tourism and the economy.
- Hull council leader Stephen Brady said winning was “a real game-changer”.
A city that well deserves this accolade and a place I remember with much affection when the National Outdoor Events Association, of which I was General Secretary, had been involved in an important industry meeting around 2005/6. We had a great meeting followed by a superb dinner in one of the city hotels. In particular, I remember the NOEA President and I stayed at a very comfortable hotel/motel overlooking the Humber River.
We spent a very pleasant afternoon drinking wine in the riverside terraced bar and very close to the famous Humber Bridge – the seventh-longest of its type in the world.
I know from inquiries that very few people have visited there – I would fully recommend a visit – it is a city full of surprises!
It is my intention to write similar travelogs, whenever I’m reminded of places around the world of which I have fond memories!
Then I will remember The things we said today
If you need help on blogging and network marketing just contact me as below.
- Helping to make a difference in your lives
- John Barton
- Phone: 0044 (0)1237 476 068
- Find Me On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/noahsark10
- Motivated by the Inspiration of Others and the Love of Music!
- TAGS: Helping to make a difference in your lives, Motivated by the Inspiration of Others and the Love of Music, I will remember The things we said today, when you put me in front of a karaoke machine, 50th anniversary – J F Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas, 50th anniversary – J F Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas, Hull to be UK City of Culture 2017, the famous Humber Bridge