So You Think That People are Interested in You or Your Products!
Actually, I’m sorry to tell you but if you don’t know already, people are not really interested in you or your products… Seriously! People are only interested in ‘what’s in it for them.’ All they want to hear about is how you can benefit them.
So many websites, brochures and leaflets take completely the wrong approach:-
- they produce a whole load of facts and figures about their business
- emphasize in detail the many features of their products and services more than probably leaving you stone cold and disinterested
- they find it so difficult to work out all the benefits that are amongst them
You’ve got to get people to sit up and take notice – how your product can solve their problems and make their life a whole lot easier than it is right now.
Start by writing a list of all the benefits:-
- think of things from your customer’s point of view
- think of all the ways that your products or services can genuinely help them
- sometimes it takes a lot of thought, but try asking other people for their ideas and opinions
- they could well come up with something you haven’t thought of because you are too close to it
But once you have your list of benefits think of powerful ways of describing them, something catchy, humorous, provocative, edgy and intriguing and pitch it whichever way would be suitable for your prospective customers.
Remember your claims have to be believable and knowing your target market is enormously important. Avoid sensationalizing or making claims that are simply not true or you will soon be found out.
The most important thing is that you must sell benefits – not features – so how do you determine what your customer wants?
In Part 5 (vi) we will consider:-
What do your customers want? Now, isn’t this the million-dollar question?
Source of reference David Anderson for which many thanks.
Do you like this post? Please Comment, and “Like” and Share it and Pin It!
P.S If you enjoyed this post, please make sure you subscribe to my RSSFeed and click my Facebook and Twitter buttons on the top left hand side.
ABOUT ME – please click HERE > http://john-barton.com
PureleverageVIP – for details click: http://www.pureleverage.com/prelaunch/internal.php?id=johnbarton007