And Now a Stress and Health Warning about those Shiny Objects!..
In the world of online business and network marketing how many times do we become distracted by those shiny objects! I chatted to someone the other day who said “I started to see the videos ..and (then to) see if I can compare it to …. (but) so little time for so many things, though….!” This is a classic situation in which people move from one opportunity to another or try to keep up to date with two or more businesses that promise an easy fix to your immediate success! They try it for a while and then if they are not earning a 4 or 5 figure income in a few weeks they try another “shiny object!”
For those of you who are in the world of network marketing for a few years now, will know how easy it is to be distracted by “shiny objects or magic bullets!” Although I am primarily loyal to my main business opportunity, unfortunately when looking on the Internet I often see money making schemes that look so good, or have my “advisers” out there, who know that I am looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and guiding me to new opportunities too! AND don’t they look great! I have investigated many of these, but almost without exception, they lead me down an alleyway to nowhere!
Up until 14 days ago this was the scenario I was living in and then suddenly I found myself “on the road to Damascus!” – I saw the light. I was inspired to write a blog <<click here>>
My life and business has changed dramatically since then and I now feel the passion and emotion to do whatever it takes to achieve “financial freedom.” I have set up a game plan to take action on the most important things that matter in my life. It has been a “journey to reducing unnecessary activity” and concentrate on the most important challenges!
And “Now a Stress and Health Warning about those Shiny Objects!…” even at this critical time I still get that feeling of being “inquisitive!” But lo and behold! – I’ve been very strong this time – it almost feels like an addiction but resisted it that I have! BUT I saw out of the corner of my eye (as if by fate!) reference to an email teasing me to look at a link of a video recording of a Hangout!
I did and sent the following comment:-
“Your recent hangout “Mixed Messages in Internet Marketing” was truly inspirational and you and your friends told it as it is! I am preparing my weekly blog post and will include some content from your hangout as it fits so well into my own content!” – as you will see.
There were many comments to which I could relate
- Video marketing is an integral part of communicating with others
- You have to be authentic – don’t act like you know it all if you don’t know!
- If you fake it until you make it then people would probably expect you to have the necessary knowledge and expertise
- But you have to be true to yourself and to others – people soon find out if they know, like and trust you
- Once people realise that you’ll not authentic, you will lose that trust forever – the resultant publicity could be catastrophic
- It has not been unknown for some networkers to flaunt their successes – like waving a “$1000.00 cheque” poster in front of an audience! However, this may give a distorted picture of the real success of that person which may have been a “one off!”
- People are attracted to success and may think how easy it all looks -WRONG!
- They may join an opportunity on the wave of excitement and even upgrade to obtain even higher returns on their investment – WRONG!
- You must be a person of INTEGRITY, have knowledge and expertise in your particular field before you declare yourself an EXPERT!
- You may become an EXPERT by “learning as you’ll earning” and by being ” a re-seacher and reporter”
- You must not encourage people to invest in a business opportunity until they are able to afford it. It is better to refuse their money until you know that they are ready for it. They will thank you in the end
- You have to know yourself first – have the right mindset, be patient with a sense of humanity and kindness. AND be mindful of the needs of others.
- Working to improve yourself and learning about the market at the same time – it is not easy to get the right balance!
- What you really need is a MENTOR who you know, like and trust. Connecting with a mentor may be a way forward!
- BUT there is a big difference between a Coach and a Mentor
- A Mentor has already been on that journey and should know what to do; how to guide you and give good advice. A Mentor should save you a lot of time and in turn you may be able to help others with your knowledge, expertise and experience
- A Coach will train you according to your educational needs but not necessarily in the direction you want or will he/she?
- Start with small goals leading to larger goals and then celebrate a result by rewarding yourself
- Keep moving on step by step and work hard to achieve your goals and ambitions – success does not come overnight
- BUT it will come – there is nothing wrong if you don’t achieve success quickly. It rarely happens but of course it can!
- Work hard for say two years and plough back money into your marketing budget by purchasing tools and software, attending conferences etc and investing in your mentor
- FOCUS – Follow One Course Until Successful!
- JUST DO IT!
AND FINALLY here is the link for the Hangout Video to which I referred
If I can help you find what you want JUST CONTACT ME!
Build. Lead. Inspire
Tags: a MENTOR who you know. be distracted by shiny objects or magic bullets, do whatever it takes to achieve financial freedom, I am looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, I often see money making schemes that look so good, journey to reducing unnecessary activity, like and trust, on the road to Damascus, the world of network marketing, the world of online business and network marketing, Video marketing, we become distracted by those shiny objects, #Cathie Heath, #Debbie Short, #Tracey Hausel
P.S If you enjoyed this post, please make sure you subscribe to my RSSFeed and click my Facebook and Twitter buttons on the top left hand side.
Your Online Business Partner
Helping to make a difference in your lives
Phone: 0044 (0)1237 476 068
Find Me On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/noahsark10
Time Zone Converter: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/
I love Go Daddy – you will too! Use referral code WOWbarto07 to get 35%¬ off your order, and I’ll get store credit! http://t.co/Hf4xAfSTTK
GoDaddy.com Helps Small Businesses Get Noticed Online »